My 27th Birthday Resolution (October 8, 2013 as noted in my dairy :) ) - Reviewed

Besides celebrations, Birthdays for me have always been a time to note down my performance in the previous year and set goals for my coming year. A year older means a year lesser to live which means lesser time to learn and progress in life. I have always had this urge to learn more and be a better version of myself. I have always compared myself with the kind of person I was last year and have appreciated all the improvements I have made. I agree I have lost myself sometimes, got busy with stuffs and failed to fulfill my resolutions and have not learnt anything and grown (at all) in a year though I have noted my birthday resolutions every year.

However, this year’s going to be a different one. I am noting down my resolution on my blog because I want to make sure I fulfill all of them. I feel like noting them down publicly will make me work harder.

 Review in Red (November 18, 2014); Those Stroke off are successfully completed ones, those stroke off and highlighted in green are partially unsuccessful ones :) As i didn't have the time to review and rewrite my resolutions for the 28 years old me (due to the tragedy that befell on my family at that time) , i would like to combine my new year and birthday resolutions from next year, 2015. Also, Combining resolutions or having one set of resolutions to follow could be lesser complicated, easier to refer and follow :) Till then i am continuing the resolutions noted below as done earlier :)

 1. Wake up early every day. Be a morning person. J

Photo Credit ~ Google
*** (Exceptions: Weekends - When I have to watch one of my favorite shows: ‘Comedy Nights with Kapil’ which is aired quite late at night or some interesting stuffs on T.V ‘plus’ days when I have some get-together and outings); (This was 70 - 80% successful [I am quite proud of myself ;)] and I should follow this resolution more strictly the coming year) 



2. Do your Prayers and Meditations DAILY without feeling lazy;  (Whenever i woke up early, i could do it. Did the Evening Prayers and Meditation daily though)

3.    Join a Yoga Class;


Photo Credit ~ Google


(I have joined a Yoga Class at Nehru Wangchuck Cultural Center :) ~~~ but couldn't continue because of the time pressure. - I am going to do Yoga at home (I Learnt some yoga posture) starting 2015 ;)






4. Wash your face and brush your teeth every night ( I know I sound like a kid here but I have never been able to fulfill this resolution seriously esp. during winter L);  Successful ;)

5. Go to parlour every month (I do this without fail but I have noted it here because I want to continue doing it J);

6.   Buy and read more books (Read at least one book in a month);


 1. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert - (Read for the second time :)) -                                                                   October, 2013
2. The Trip to Nowhere by Sivasankari -    November 2013
3. The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri -          December 2013
4. The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho -            January 2014
5. And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini - February 2014
6. The End of Innocence by Moni Mohsin - March 2014
7. The Fault in our Stars by John Green - April 2014
8. Personality Development by Swami Vivekananda - May 2014
9. Wish Upon a Star by Sarah Morgan - June 2014
10. Read No Books - July 2014 :(
11. Paper Towns by John Green - August 2014
12. Like it Happened Yesterday by Ravinder Singh - September 2014
13. For the sake of a precious life by Dorji Wangdi - September 2014
                                         
Yay!!  Read 12 books

14. To kill a Mocking Bird by Harper Lee - November, 2014
15. Half girlfriend by Chetan Bhagat - December 2014

7. Don’t talk about people behind their back/ Avoid gossips and groups involved in gossiping; Successful

8. Start a Gratitude journal, note all the things you are grateful for every day (could be simple things that happened and mishaps which could have happened but did not happen) (COMPLETED & I update it everyday with the things i am grateful for)

9. Avoid Eating Meat/ Drinking alcohol and any alcoholic beverages/ Tobacco of any kind including pan masala/ Doma at least one day in a week (could be Mondays as i do currently) and on all auspicious days ; Successful

10. Be Kind but be firm enough to say NO when you don’t want to instead of making excuses and lying (Always been a BIG problem for me L)Successful

11. Buy chocolates/sweets for kids (any Kids in the neighborhood) once a month; (Except for July, the reason mentioned in the article  http://bini86.blogspot.com/2014/08/a-month-that-was.html)

12. Help Apa and Mommy when there are lots of work at home (esp. during cultivation times); (Yes i did it!!!)Successful

13Be financially independent. (Stop asking money from Apa and Mommy LSuccessful

14. Make more time for your family and be good to them/ Buy them good giftsSuccessful

15. Increase your weight to 55 Kg; (I weigh 54 kgs now and i have decided not to put on further, because i look and feel healthy now, i don't want to look fat :))

16. Visit Monasteries at least once a month and donate for good causes as much as you can.  
Boudha, Swayambhunath, Namo Buddha and Pasupaninath temples in Nepal - October, 2013; Changangkha Lhakhang, Thimphu  - November, December 2013, January 2014 ; Anim Dratshang and Lord Shiva Mandir (Samtse) - February 2014; Dechenphug Lhakhang and Pangrizampa, Thimphu - March 2014, Changangkha Lhakhang - April 2014, Kaali Ghat Mandir in Kolkata, India - May 2014, Anim Dratshang, Memorial Chorten and Zangtopelri, Thimphu - June 2014, Buddha Point, Thimphu - July 2014, Anim Dratshang and Pangrizampa, Thimphu - August 2014. Mebar Tsho, Jampa Lhakhang, Kurje Lhakhang and Tamshing Goenpa in Bumthang Bhutan, Kilila Goenpa and Kadam Goenpa in Mongar Bhutan - September 2014; Anim Dratshang and Changangkha Lhakhang - October, 2014
Successful and feeling proud ;)

Tango and Chari Monastery in Thimphu Bhutan - November 2014

(Donations -  every month to the Ability Bhutan Society and Tshey Chainga Group)  Successful and feeling proud ;)


17. Don’t throw waste/ don’t allow anyone (at least people who are with you) to throw waste and litter the environment; Successful and i need to do more about this :)
18. Cry Less ( As a very sensitive  person, I feel like I cry too much Successful ~~ I have become a much emotionally stronger person, i feel proud again :)

19.  Learn something new every day; Successful, yes i learnt something new everyday ~~~ I want to continue doing this.
20. Strive to be a better and better you every day;Successful, yes i am a better person than i was and i will be a more better person in the days to come :)

Popular posts from this blog

108-Kora (circumambulation) of Dra Karpo Lhakhang in Paro, Bhutan

Trip to Iseltwald, Lake Brienz & Lake Thun, Interlaken and Sigriswil 🇨🇭

Visit to Five Tsheringma Lhakhangs in Paro, Bhutan